Introduction of coronavirus:
Coronavirus which is also naming as 2019nCov.it is a latest virus found in human that was unknown till December 2019. this virus is belongs to a family which has only 6 members and this is the 7th one.
- Genome:linear single-stranded RNA+
- Pleomorphic wrapped
- 30 serotypes
- 80 to 220nm
Mode of transmission:
The mode of transmission is not yet fully understood,but some evidence indicate the following:
- Droplet from the patient during sneezing or coughing
- touching the patient’s stuff or services and objects contaminated with the virus.
- Direct contact with the infected person or animals.
- Animals(cat,bat,camel,rabbit,snake) to human
- eating meat or drinking soups of any of above animals
Who is at risk?
- butchers (who slaughters cats,bats,camels,rabbits,snakes)
- Chefs (who cooks cats,bats,camels,rabbits,snakes)
- Doctors (who checks the infected person without putting on medical mask and gloves)
Spreading of coronavirus:
The first case of coronavirus is reported in Wuhan-China,The city of almost 10,000,000 population.Then it spread from China to America,Australia,Bhutan,Pakistan,India,Japan,Korea,Taiwan,Thailand and Arab.Nowadays all local transport like public buses,trains,flights and even taxies in some cities of china is prohibited.almost 900 people are died due to this virus up to now(26/Jan/2020) only in China.
Incubation period is unknown up to now but with in weeks a patient without treatment will die.Just 3 people have survived up to now.
Sign and symptoms:
- sore throat
- shortness of breath
- decreased immunity
- renal failure
- respiratory failure
Patients are provided supportive treatment based on patient’s clinical condition,which might include:
up to now(26/jan/2020) there’s no vaccine is available for this virus.
prevention may include:
- Don’t cover your mouth with your hands while sneezing or coughing,use tissue or handkerchief and don’t forget to dispose it in waste-basket.
- Wash your hands with antiseptic/antibiotic soap for at least 20-25sec after coughing,sneezing and after using toilet.
- Try not to touch your eyes,nose and mouth with your contaminated hands.
- Put on medical face mask if you’re sick,visiting sick people, while traveling with crowd or going to any crowded place.
- Keep performing other hygienic activities like regular exercise,balanced diet and sleep well.
- wash vegetables and fruits very well before consuming them.
- Avoid shaking hands and giving hugs to the infected people.
- cook meat very well and boil milk(specially camel’s milk)before drinking it.